Monday 3 October 2011

Scratch Game "PItch"

This post is the pitch for the new game im making using Scratch.

Genre: The game is going to be a 2d sidescrolling shooter. I want to base the gameplay heavily on one of my favourite of this genre, Its called WpnFire. I want there to be a big emphasis on the guns, I want the screen to shake everytime one is fired to convey the power that guns have and had especially in the time the game is set.

Story: You play as detective 'Tony Biggs' The year is 1930, Alcohol has recently been banned in the city of Chicago. But there are still underground bars selling alcohol. Your brother Johnny doesn't come home one night and your mother gets worried. The story will be dark and deep to keep every player 'addicted'. Fight with the vicious Turks gang for revenge and for justice in "The City Of Avengence".

Narrative: The narative plays from the main characters point of view i dont want the player to know much about what is happening but will find out gradually as the character learns too.

Style: I want original style of graphics. I want to make it cartoony but slightly realistic. Blood and gore will be hugely emphasized as it will add to the dark feel of the game overall. I want to go for plain coloured graphics (White,Grey, Black) With added neons (like illuminous green) for some colour and originality.

Name I have settled on the name "City Of Avengence"
Sample Image I made wth photoshop. I Will use it for the background image for the main menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment