Thursday 22 March 2012

Making Sounds in UDK

Thismorning in UDK I learned how to add sounds to my game. I started by using the sounds already in the content browser. I changed the sound cues to ambient and placed them where I wanted. I added a water sound near the river In my game. I added an engine sound to the generaters I am using to explain how the town has lights and electricity. Next i had to make wind. I first created a new sound cue in the content browser. I then selected an air sound to use. I added it to the editer. I went back to the content browser and searched for Murmur. I selected a few murmurs. I then went back to the soundcue editer I added them in with a random block too. Next I added a looping effect to both of the sounds. I added a delay block in between the murmurs and the looping. I set the delay to 2 - 7 seconds. Next I added a mixer and an attenuation block. I then conected up all the wires and this created the perfect spookywind sound I wanted for my game. I went back to the attenuation and set the max radius to 5000. The wind can now bea heard in nearly all of mny level.

below is an image of the code used for the created soundcue.

No comments:

Post a Comment