Thursday 19 January 2012

UDK Terrain

Today I created Terrain in UDK. I done this by first creating a new terrain in the tools tab. I set it to 64x64. I feel this should be big enough to suffice. Next I added a skydome. I opened the content browser selected a skydome and added it to my game. Next I added a dominantdirectionallight and lightmass importance volume. Now I could start sculpting my Terrain. I used the paint terrain tools to make hills and mountains. I used the flatten tool to erase hills. I used the smooth tool to create flatter rolling hills or create random peaks and noize. I then added materials to my terrain. I selected the material and added a new layer to my terrain using add new layer using material. Here is a screen shot of my terrain so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment