Thursday 26 January 2012

UDK Today (26/01/12)

Today In udk i started finished off the terrain sturcture for my level, I blocked out the buildings that I want to add to one section of the map. I also learned how to add water to a game. It is not as simple as I would have thought. First you must add a plane where you want to add the water and apply the water material to the plane.




Next you must use the builder brush to create a UTwater volume and a post processing volume. The post processing volume allows you to add colour, blur and makes the water feel more realistic for the player.

Today i also created 7 materials in the udk material editor. I done this by adding the textures i made to the content browser and right clicking the blank area and selecting create new material. I then selected one of the textures, went to the material editor, held down t and left clicked this added the texture to the material editor. I repeated then with the normal and connected the images to their corrosponding ports in the editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment