Thursday 9 February 2012

Today In UDK pt 3 (9/2/12)

Thes evening I learned how to create enemies. I started by making a path node. and opening kismet.

I created a new event (level loaded). I then created actor factory. I right clicked on spawn point and created new object var using pathnode. I connected level loaded to spawn actor. I went to actor factory properties. here is the steps I followed after
1. Tick force deathmatch ai
2. Set controller class to none.
3. set pawn class - UTpawn
4. Tick Give default Inventory.
5. Click green cross and select weapon to give the enemy.

To make the enemy respawn There was some more code to follow.
1. I created new action -> new event -> attach to event
2. New event -> pawn -> death
3. Right click on spawned and create new object variable.
and then i connected them as shown below.


the bot now respawns on death.

No comments:

Post a Comment